What: The 4th annual Battle of the Bayou Bagpipe and Drum Competition
* You must be a member of a sanctioning association to be eligible for an "of the Day" award, but you do NOT have to be a member to compete. See the New This Year section below.
When: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 17, 18, and 19, 2017
* Friday 3:00 - 6:00: visit the competition site in the afternoon
- Just come out and see where you will be competing
- Play your pipes a bit to get them acclimated to the weather/altitude/humidity
- talk to the organizers and offer suggestions on how to make this even better
* Friday 7:00 - 9:00: Evening reception at the Gnarly Barley Brewery
- Pizza and soft drinks for competitors and their guest (please RSVP)
- Really good local craft beer available at the cash bar
- kids under 18 are welcome
* Saturday 8:00 - Until: competitions in all Piping and Drumming grades and events
* Saturday 4:30-5:30: workshops to go over your scoresheets
* Sunday ANOTHER SANCTIONED COMPETITION in your events
Your competition placings will be considered by the upgrade board if you get them in immediately following the event.
- A smaller number of events, but also sanctioned
- you'll have a chance to work on your mistakes and come play your tunes again!
Where: The grounds of the Louisiana Renaissance Festival, Hammond, LA (address is on the entry form).
How Much: You
pay the Adult Admission price to get in the Renfaire
* Saturday - Your Saturday admission covers ALL competition
events/fees/workshops AND all day at the Renaissance Festival
* Sunday - Your Sunday admission covers your second sanctioned competition and another fun day at the Renfaire
Pay by check ($20 per day),
BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE:
Buy your tickets prior to June 1, you will save 20% on your admission tickets.
Buy your tickets between June 1 and July 31 you will save 15% on your admission tickets.
Buy your tickets between August 1 and September 15 and save 10%.
Buy your tickets between September 16 and October 15 and save 5%
This discount is ONLY for single and multi-day admission tickets.
To find out what is required in each event, click on this link and scroll down to page 19.
Pipers Click for Word or PDF registration form
Drummers Click for Word or PDF registration form
Or email us at Registration@BattleOfTheBayou.com , and we'll send one to you.
* It helps us determine how many judges to bring in if you get your entries in early. Please send your registration in today!
NEW THIS YEAR:
* Not a member of a Sanctioning Body like EUSPBA? Not a problem - come play for our judges and get comments on what to work on to improve your playing. Don't worry about winning or losing; you will get comments, but no rankings, so there is no pressure.
NOTE: You won't be eligable for an "Of The Day" award, but you'll know how you are doing!